Friday, August 21, 2009

Here We Go

I have contemplated writing a blog for a while now. I love to read other’s blogs and thought maybe someone out there will enjoy reading mine just as much. I desire for my blog to act as a journal for my thoughts and musings and a scrapbook on the happenings of our lives.
I want to begin this blog by sharing a little about myself and my hubby, Chad. We met at Oklahoma Baptist University in 1997 but did not begin dating for another year. We fell in love fast! We will be married for seven years come December. Wow! That’s crazy to me. It seems just like yesterday. How time flies! Chad works for Cook Children’s Hospital and I am the Director of Chosen Heritage Christian Adoption Services, which is a small, Christian adoption agency outside of Dallas. We both love our jobs and see these roles as part of our ministry here on earth. We love our church, Fielder Road Baptist, and are looking forward to becoming more involved in service opportunities. My favorite hobbies include watching movies, reading a good book, eating out (especially at new places), reading gossip magazines, and hanging with my hubby and our families (especially our sweet nieces and nephews). Chad and I love to hang out with other couples, going bowling, miniature golfing, out to eat, or just sitting around chatting.
We are about to embark on a new chapter in our lives and are excited to experience this joyful time together. I have realized as I look back at our lives together how perfect God’s timing is and how much he provides to us in our time of need. We look forward to sharing our lives with you and hope you enjoy reading about us as well.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am new to blogging, but will really enjoy reading and following your sweet family! (I am a friend of your inlaws!)

    ReplyDelete