Monday, August 24, 2009

You've Blessed Me A Bunch!

“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
Romans 12:10
I am so blessed through the friendships I have. Events that occurred this past week reminded me of how wonderful it is to have girlfriends you can trust and rely on and know without a doubt they are there for you. I am blessed with several girlfriends who are true friends. I have known Elisabeth, Debbie and Kelly since we were in diapers in the church nursery. We have been through a lot together; teenage turmoil, high school graduation, college graduations, marriages, babies, deaths in the family, personal struggles, and many, many birthdays. Because we all live in different towns and have busy lives, we don’t get to talk or see each other often. But when we are together, it is as though we pick up right where we left off.
“How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!”
Psalm 133:1 Saturday I was blessed to be able to spend the day with these ladies. We met up in Allen for shopping and lunch. I have to say I enjoyed lunch more than the shopping (I’m not much of a shopper). At lunch, we sat for a couple of hours and talked about life and laughed a lot. That time together reminded me that even though I don’t talk to these ladies often, if I am struggling with something I can be completely transparent with them and there will be no judgment or criticism. Only support and love and prayer. What a blessing! Ladies, if you are reading this blog, thank you for being such good friends to me. I continue to look forward to many more years of sharing our lives together. I love each of you dearly!

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment