Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweetpea Beauty

When we first found out we were pregnant, before we knew we were having a girl, we called the baby "Sweet Pea". It was only fitting when I found out Veggie Tales was releasing their new story "Sweetpea Beauty" that I had to order it for Evy. This is such a sweet story about how beauty on the inside is what matters most. Nichole Nordeman, who is my favorite Christian artist, wrote "Beautiful For Me" and sings it in the story. When I found out we were having a girl the first thing I thought about was making sure she felt beautiful on the inside and to know how much God loves her. I believe it is so important to tell Evy how beautiful she is inside and out. There is a father I know who has three daughters. One thing he does is tell them, and his wife, how beautiful they are every single day. Wouldn't you just love growing up hearing this!?! Every little girl deserves to be treated like the princess she is in God's eyes. I desire for Evy to grow up knowing she is beautiful in our eyes and in the eyes of her King of Kings. She is God's princess and deserves to feel like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment