Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mr. Otis

Happy Halloween!
Chad and I were finally able to spend an evening together without having to do anything specific. Since we have a baby in our livesAlign Center now I wanted to begin a tradition to pick out pumpkins to carve every year. So we went to the store to pick out our pumpkin and came home to carve him. I haven't carved a pumpkin since college and I can't believe Chad and I have never done this together!

It was a lot of fun deciding who our pumpkin was going to become.

Before Poor Guy! This makes Chad gag so I had to dig out the insides Chrissy was wondering what in the world we were doing All the Davis men stick out their tongues when having to concentrate on something! :) Here's Otis! I think Chad did a great job! Chad's mom gave me a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds and they are sooooooooooo good!

We cannot wait until Halloween comes around next year and we will be able to dress our little one in a cute costume and share with him/her this fun tradition.

3 comments:

  1. Otis is so cute!! Dad and I enjoyed reading about your evening with Otis. The three of you look so happy. We're looking forward to celebrating all the holidays with Sweet Pea. Steph, dad and I have wonderful memories of the times we took you trick or treating. You've made our life's journey such a joy. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did this last night too! How funny! I'll post when I get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! We have great trick or treating memories too, even though it was never Chad's favorite holiday! Luckily he's come around!

    ReplyDelete