Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Great Day of Thanks and Excitement

Happy Thanksgiving!
It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving for us. We enjoyed having both sets of our parents, Chad's Aunt and Uncle, and Chad's grandma for Thanksgiving feast. We had tons of food (possibly because the pregnant woman planned the menu) and a great time hanging out with everyone. We missed our brothers and their families though. I was reminded today how grateful I am for our families and how blessed we are to have them in our lives. The highlight of the day was sharing the news of the baby's gender with everyone. Chad and I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon for a sonogram. For the past 10 weeks we both felt confident we were having a boy. We were so sure of this we were very surprised when the sonographer revealed we are having a GIRL! I even asked her how certain she was that the baby was a girl and she said (after stressing they cannot guarantee anything until the baby has arrived) that she was sure we could begin buying pink things. Because we were picturing a boy for the last 2 1/2 months it has taken some time adjusting that picture to include a girl, but we are thrilled!

Meet Evy Lynn Davis

We knew for over a month we would have the sonogram the day before Thanksgiving, so we wanted to do something fun and creative to reveal the news to our families on Thanksgiving. The original plan is something we had discussed long ago, but as I woke up this morning I was tired of the idea and decided not to go with the original plan. My mom and I had been working on a rocking horse I bought at a garage sale (I will post before and after pictures in another post) this past Spring and I decided we would put pink ribbons on the horse as we showed off the finished horse to the family. Most of the family thought we were having a boy, but my dad and Chad's Aunt said it was a girl. Everyone is so excited to have another girl in the family and I know my dad is excited to have a Baby Stephanie running around again.

Evy Lynn is growing fast and everything shows to be developing great. She weighs 9 ounces and is 7 1/2 inches long. I am starting to feel more movements and kicks, which is so cool. We've waited for what seemed like an eternity to find out we are having a girl and now we are counting down to meet our Evy Lynn. We are so thankful to each of you who desire to be involved in this journey with us! We hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so excited for you, Steph! I am so happy for your wonderful news! (Also - didn't I say it was a girl when she had such a fast heartbeat!? - ha!) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're excited! Enjoyed the day, thanks for the hospitality, the food was delish! So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward to meeting Evy Lynn, too. I am so thankful you decided against pink mashed potatoes as the means to announce your baby's gender. Your daddy is thrilled about having a little girl playing at his feet again. We enjoyed spending the day with Evy Lynn, you, Chad,and his family. We continue to pray for the three of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!
    Girls are Great as you will find out.
    So Happy for the three of you!

    Love, Aunt Cile

    ReplyDelete