Thursday, April 15, 2010

39 Weeks and a Plan

Not much has changed from last week to this week. Evy continues to grow...although I don't know how she has room to grow much more. She should be between 18 and 20 1/2 inches long and weigh around 6 1/2 to 8 pounds. I have noticed this past week I've been feeling nauseous at different times during the day, which I've heard is normal at this stage of the pregnancy. I asked the doctor about it and he said it depends on the way I sit or lay. So, I'm still just dealing with the uncomfortable feelings of the pregnancy. I think I'm starting to grieve the loss of this pregnancy. I am going to miss being pregnant so much! It's been such an amazing experience, and as the reality of Evy's arrival is setting in, I'm getting sad about not being pregnant anymore.

(hmmm...strips may not be the best to wear at this stage)

We went to the doctor today for our checkup. My body has not progressed at all to deliver Evy. And, my blood pressure was a little higher than it has been. So, my doctor (and Chad and I agree) think its best to induce on Evy's due date. Dr. Storts does not think my body will do much more on its own at this point. I do have to go back to get my blood pressure checked on Friday to make sure it's stable. We will then check into the hospital Monday night. They will give me something to soften my cervix (and hopefully start the contractions). Then on Tuesday morning they will begin giving me pitocin to get the contractions stronger and start the labor and delivery process. Dr. Storts did say I have a 25% chance of having a C-section so please pray that my body will do what it needs to so I don't have to have a C-section. He did say he will let me labor as long as I can (as long as Evy's not in distress) before making the decision to do a C-section. The reality of having a baby and bringing her home has not completely set in. Since our appointment I have been "floating" around trying to take in the news. It's so exciting and we cannot wait to meet Evy, see who she looks like and what her personality will be like. I just don't think reality will sink in until we are at the hospital or even bringing Evy home. We will keep you all posted on the progress while in the hospital and can't wait to introduce you all to our love bug! We love you and are so blessed to have you in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. We're all anxious to meet and greet Evy. It has been a fun journey these past months listening to you express your awe over the life growing inside of you. God is an awesome God. Evy truly is "fearfully and wonderfully made." Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems the time has gone by so fast. We are ready to meet Miss Evy and hold her in our arms. Praying for a fast and safe delivery. We love you! NayNay & PawPaw

    ReplyDelete