Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Evy's Nursery

Ever since we found out we were having a girl my mind has been racing with ideas for Evy's nursery. After several weeks of picturing different ideas, I think I have finally settled on how her nursery will look. A couple of months ago my mom and I looked at fabric for the crib bedding and picked out an option for a girl and boy. The room we are using for the nursery is already painted a green color so we had to find fabrics that would match the walls (because we do NOT want to have to repaint that room!). If you know me well, you know I hate the color pink! I don't wear pink or use anything that is pink. So who would have guessed these are the colors of the nursery. Although I'd like to say it is salmon...not pink! Below are the three fabrics for Evy's bedding...and I just love them!
The following picture is my inspiration of how I want Evy's bedding to look like with the 3 fabrics above.
My mom will be making the quilt, bumper pad, dust ruffle, and curtain. We will use a coordinating ribbon as ties for the bumper pad.
And these pictures show the styles of the crib we are looking at buying. We haven't fully decided which style, although they are all pretty similar, but will make that decision in the next couple of weeks.
This one (above) is my favorite...and probably the one we decide to use
At the beginning of this year Chad and I found this rocking horse at a garage sale for $3. I just had to have it and could picture exactly how it would look if I redid the paint. The week of Thanksgiving my mom and I worked for 2 days tearing off the carpet seat, stripping off the paint and face, and staining the horse. I love the way it turned out and I know it will go great in Evy's room.
before
AFTER!
I have also purchased this little lamp for Evy's room. It will make a great night light!
And finally, I am ordering these blocks for Evy. The lady customizes the colors to those of the nursery and one side of them will spell out "Evy Lynn". I've had my eyes on these blocks for months and months and was just waiting to finalize all the details before placing the order.
We can't wait to begin pulling all these things together for Evy. I will definitely post pictures of the nursery when it is complete...which will be in a couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. Her nursery is going to be lovely. I want to take you to Golightly's soon and see if there's anything there that matches.
    I like crib #1, when the paci falls on the floor you'll be able to get up under it easier! ha!

    ReplyDelete