Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I love, love, love Christmas. I look forward to celebrating Christmas all year long and get a little depressed when the holiday is over. There are so many traditions from my childhood that I love and still try to keep going now as an adult. I love decorating the house, inside and out, and begin this process the day after Thanksgiving. Last night I completed the finishing touches and I just love how simple, yet festive, our decorations are this year.

I bought new ornaments (shatter proof!) for our tree and I absolutely love the fun colors. I have a glittery ribbon for the top of the tree and hope to have a bow made this weekend.

Here is our mantle. We've had the same stockings since we got married. But, since Evy will be joining our family we will get new stockings for next year. The little stocking is for our first child, our very elderly dog.

Chad's grandma gave us this lighted church several years ago and I love it! We keep it turned on all month. It is so special to us since it was his grandma's before she passed it on to us. My mom gave us this nativity set several years ago. It is another special item I look forward to having out for Christmas because it was a gift from my parents. And, of course, I thought Evy needed a Christmas tree in her room. We went to WalMart and found this cute little tree and the pink and silver ornaments. I think it is so cute and can't wait to add to the ornaments each year as Evy grows up. And, can you believe it??? It's got pink on it!!! Pink is growing on me :) I visited with one of my adoptive families tonight and they made this banner for me. I love it and think it looks great in our living room. Thanks Jeff and Amy! The final touch I have made is this wreath for our front door. I have struggled with finding the perfect wreath that fits our personalities so I decided I would make one. Chad and I bought the supplies last night and I painted the "D" and added it to the wreath along with the bow. I love the way it looks and thinks it fits us perfectly! And, making this wreath was cheaper than buying a pre-made one.

Chad and I are already looking forward to next year and celebrating the Christmas holiday with Evy. We have been talking a lot about the traditions from our childhoods that we hope to continue with our children, as well as new traditions we want to instill. We hope and pray you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that your focus will be on the true meaning of this holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Chad and Steph, Dad and I enjoyed spending Christmas Eve with you. It was a blessing worshipping with you at your church. To celebrate the birth of my Savior with you, knowing Scott and his family were celebrating at their church at the same time, made me so happy. Dad and I look forward to having our family together over the New Year's weekend. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete