Friday, March 26, 2010

36 Weeks

I am now 36 weeks and have had a pretty perfect pregnancy so far. We went to the doctor for our normal checkup and he discovered a skip in Evy's heartbeat that was somewhat of a concern. It was a little scary to hear it, but I also knew it must be a fluke thing because she's been so healthy up to this point. And, she was continuing to be as active as she normally was. The doctor said this occurs at times at this point in the pregnancy and once the baby is born they are able to regulate their body. Although the doctor felt everything was fine he wanted me to get a sonogram first thing the next morning to make sure my fluid levels were normal and nothing was causing Evy any distress. So the next morning I get to the doctor's office and the sonographer has had a medical emergency and they don't have anyone to do sonograms. The doctor sends me to triage at the hospital to be hooked up to the heart monitor for at least an hour. I did this and I could still hear the skip in the beat. But she was active and the nurse in triage said her heartbeat was very strong. The doctor still wanted me to get a sonogram so I had to get one the next day at another doctor's office and go back to see my doctor. I did this today and Evy's heartbeat still skipped, but my fluids and everything else were normal. So I go to my doctor's office and meet with him and the nurse. He said because there was still some irregular beats he wants me to have 2 sonograms each week and that he might want to "take her as early as 38 weeks." I just looked at him with a feeling of shock because that's in less than 2 weeks! So in the chaos of all this we forgot to take a baby bump picture. Evy seems to be doing great despite her irregular heartbeat. We are doing good...just a little panicked about all that needs to still be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment