Friday, January 1, 2010

2009...A Year Worth Remembering

What a year 2009 has been! We have had a busy year, but one full of excitement. 2009 reminded us of how blessed we are with wonderful family and friends. We were also reminded of God's perfect plan in our lives and for our family. The year began with Chad and I enjoying a Caribbean cruise vacation with my parents in January. We had a great time on our trip and experienced many firsts and ate lots of good food. We hope to cruise again in the future...when Evy's a little older. In May I finally completed the graduate program at Southwestern Baptist Theology Seminary and received a Master's degree in Marriage and Family Counseling. This was a huge accomplishment for me, being that it took 5 years to complete. I learned so much while attending seminary and miss learning new ideas and concepts...but I do NOT miss the tests and papers! It was only by God's grace, and the patience and support of Chad and our families, that I was able to accomplish this goal. Thank you Chad, mom, dad, Gary, Renee, and all other family and friends for supporting me and encouraging me during this journey! One unfortunate thing that happened this year was that I injured my foot. I fell in the shower on July 3rd. I thought I had broken my foot, but waited a few days before we went to a orthopedist. They took an X-ray and said I had fractured the top of my foot and put me in a boot cast. A couple of weeks later they decided to do an MRI because the swelling had not gone down and fortunately were able to see I had not fractured my foot, but had just bruised it really, really bad. It continues to swell and hurt at times, but I am so fortunate it was not worse. I have learned to be extra cautious when I enter and exit the shower! Throughout the year I was also able to spend a lot of time with these girls, who are my best friends. I am so blessed to have such wonderful girlfriends who I can count on for support, love and laughter. I love you all! We were also able to spend a lot of time this year with these four crazy kiddos. Our youngest niece, Mallory, is such a ham and entertainer. We are blessed to have her in our family. Our oldest niece, Makayla, and nephews, James and Xavier, are also very special to us and always keep us entertained. One very special event we were able to experience with our niece, Makayla, was her becoming a Christian and being baptized. We pray we can experience this with our other niece and nephews in the future. We had so much fun this year spending time with each of these cuties and can't wait for Evy to join her cousins. We love each of these silly kiddos! And, of course, the highlight of 2009 was the news of our pregnancy and sharing this news with our family and friends. God is perfect in His timing for us to be pregnant and has blessed us with a healthy pregnancy. We know 2010 can only get better with this addition to our family. We are so blessed you are part of this journey with us and can't wait for our lives to be changed by Evy's presence. Chad and I wish God's blessings for you and your family this year!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a great year. Just reading your blog has brought back great memories of a wonderful year. Crusing with you and Chad was a lot of fun. Thanks for encouraging dad and me to swim with the dolphins!

    We, too, were very excited to hear about the future arrival of Evy. We can hardly wait for her to get here. We're anxious to expose her to "farm life."

    Thanks for sharing your year with us. We love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete