Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009

Our Christmas celebration lasted over two weekends. On Christmas Eve, my parents came to our house and attended our church's Christmas Eve service, which was a great service. The snow we received on Christmas Eve was awesome and made it that much more special. Who knew I would ever get to wake up to a white Christmas in Texas! Chad and I woke up Christmas day and before heading to his parents home we opened our gifts to each other. The best gift from Chad was my new Ninja Master Prep Blender and Food Processor. I love making smoothies and this blender makes the best smoothies. I also came with a smaller blender that will be great when I attempt to make Evy's baby food. Thank you, Chad, for this present...I love it!

We spent Christmas day with Chad's family. We had a great time together and our niece, Mallory, brought us a lot of entertainment! She was pretty attached to her uncle Chad that day, which made him feel great! Chad's parents got us a Flip Ultra HD so we can record special times in Evy's life. Thanks Gary and Renee...we love this camera! My brother and his family came to town on New Years Day so we had Christmas with my family that weekend. For the past few years my parents decided to have garage sale Christmas. This means the majority of our gifts from mom and dad are bought at garage sales throughout the year. It's always fun to open the gifts and see what they came up with. My dad was so excited about two of the gifts he got Chad. My dad found the post hole digger in the garbage and had to replace one of the handles. He found the ladder on the side of the road! We've been needing a ladder and we are going to have to replace our backyard fence some time this year...which is why my dad gave Chad the post hole digger. The funniest gift I got from my parents is a map. It has become a serious subject that began as a joking comment that I don't understand anything about geography. My dad has bought me a book on geography and now they have given me this map. I find it very comical, but it will be nice to have the map for Evy to teach her about geography. It might be best for Chad to take that on though!

One thing Chad and I discovered is that Evy is going to be a very loved little girl! She already received Christmas gifts and she's not even born yet! She received an outfit, two books, a puzzle, a sippy cup, and two lullaby CDs. Chad and I got a carrier and a rear view mirror for Evy.

My dad had told me before Christmas he bought something for the farm that we can all enjoy, but wouldn't tell me what it was. After we opened all our gifts we looked out in the front yard and there was dad pulling up on a 4 wheeler! He was so excited to show us his/our new toy. We had fun driving it with the kiddos all over the farm. Our nephew, James, loved the 4 wheeler and wanted to ride it all weekend! As you can see, we had a great Christmas...not just opening fun presents, but celebrating the true meaning of Christmas with our family.

1 comment:

  1. It's almost Valentine's Day and I'm just now looking at your comments about the time we spent together Christmas and New Year. Reading your blog brought back wonderful memories of the holidays spent with our family. We love you all so very much. Mom

    ReplyDelete