Tuesday, January 19, 2010

27 Weeks

Evy is definitely an active child! For the past week it seems she moves for the majority of the day. She gets the hiccups often and will also kick or move in response to us pushing on my belly. Chad thinks she is already like her momma because whenever I bend over or lean against a counter Evy kicks because I must be invading her personal space. Evy now weighs about 2 1/4 pounds and is about 13 3/4 inches long. Around this week or next Evy will begin to be able to open and close her eyes. She also has a normal sleep cycle, which right now she sleeps the longest during the night...until about 3 am...then sleeps throughout the morning, but is active the rest of the day. My belly is measuring at 40 inches and I am anxious to see how much I grow over the next week. Last Friday I had my glucose tolerance screen and found out this morning that my glucose levels are high. Therefore, I have to go to the doctor Friday for another glucose-tolerance test that lasts for at least three hours. I will have to drink the sugar water and then have my blood drawn every hour after that for the next 3 hours. So please pray that my results from this screening will be good and I don't have to deal with gestational diabetes for the remainder of the pregnancy. On another note...we had a very productive weekend preparing for Evy. We finally found a crib that we love and that didn't cost too much. My mom and I were at the store to order it and they told us they had just received a crib off the truck and we could purchase that one and take it home. It was meant to be! Chad put the crib together Sunday night and it's perfect. We also completed our baby registries at Target and Babies R Us so I am not feeling as overwhelmed as I was last week. It's hard to believe Evy will be here in 3 months! I'm anxious to get the bedding made and finish decorating the nursery. All of this makes it even more a reality that our lives are about to change...but for the better!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, so much for the better! She's going to love her nursery, it's coming together so nicely. Good luck Friday!
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete