Tuesday, February 2, 2010

29 Weeks

Evy and I are continuing to grow! I had my 28 week appointment last week and the doctor said everything seems perfect with Evy and I. While he was listening to Evy's heartbeat, she kicked his doppler wand right off my stomach! It was pretty funny and the doctor seemed to get a kick out of it (no pun intended)! Chad thought it was neat because when she kicked you could see her foot actually bump the wand. I had to get the RhoGam shop at my appointment. I hate shots and needles, but am doing better since I have to get blood drawn regularly during the pregnancy. When I was little my parents always tell stories of how it would take 3-4 nurses to hold me down just so the doctor could give me a shot. And I would fight and cry so hard I would have these little hickies around my eyes. Anyway - when the nurse came in to give me my RhoGam shot 2 other nurses (who were in training) walked in and I made the comment that my mom must have called them and told them they would need to hold me down to give me the shot. They loved that! It wasn't too bad though. This morning my belly measured at 41 inches. Evy is now over 14 1/2 inches long and weighs approximately 2 3/4 pounds. She is rapidly growing and gaining weight. Her head is growing due to rapid brain development and her muscles and lungs are continuing to develop. We registered at the hospital this past week and are going to be signing up for some of the classes that are offered. There is so much to do before Evy arrives that it is overwhelming at times. However, we are very anxious to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment