Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Love Day

Chad and I decided several years ago that it wasn't necessary for us to celebrate Valentine's Day every year. What we have been doing is cooking dinner and renting a movie, but no exchange of gifts. However, this year Chad was sweet and surprised me with "Love Happens" and a cute card. I feel bad that I didn't do anything for him, but maybe cooking lunch and a special dessert...Strawberry Shortcake Trifle...will suffice. Last night we were able to meet Chad's parents for dinner. We haven't seen them since the holidays...which is crazy being they only live 30 minutes away. So it was nice to be able to have dinner with them. It was a frustrating trip though. A trip that should have only taken 15 minutes turned into over an hour. We were moving along and then traffic came to a stop and all we could see were red break lights. We were able to exit after a while and drove all around to get back to the highway to find that the entrance ramps back on to the highway were closed. So we finally made it to dinner...only to have to wait another long amount of time for a table. We met Chad's parents at BJ's Brewery, which is one of my favorite restaurants and the food and dessert was well worth all that we went through to get there. (By the way...we found out this morning on the news the highway was closed because a woman in a truck claimed to have a bomb, which led to a police standoff...CRAZY!) Chad's parents gave us these cute, cute outfits for Evy and I've already paired them with Trumpette socks. I can't wait to see Evy in them. Today my parents came over to help us install a set of cabinets in our garage to give us extra storage. I love, love, love our house...I have ever since the first time we saw it. But, our house lacks greatly in storage. So, for Christmas, my parents bought us kitchen cabinets for extra storage. I'm excited to begin moving stuff out of the house into the garage to give us more space for Evy and all her necessities. While the men worked in the garage my mom and I worked in the nursery to get the furniture in place and sort through baby clothes that others have passed on to Evy.

No comments:

Post a Comment