Sunday, February 7, 2010

Celebrating Life

This weekend was busy and very bittersweet. On Saturday morning my mom and I helped host a shower for an old friend's wife...who is due two weeks before me. I volunteered to do decorations and had a lot of fun creating the decor.
I made this picture ribbon that displayed baby pictures of the couple. I think I might make one of Chad and I to display at the hospital.
These candles were so easy to make and everyone seemed to love them!
This banner was the final decoration I made and thought it turned out great. It is something else I think I will have at the hospital when Evy is born.
After the baby shower I went to the funeral of a surrogate grandmother. She was one of my best childhood friend's grandmother and everyone knew her as Big Mama. It was a wonderful funeral with lots of stories and memories about Big Mama. We all laughed and cried throughout. I was pretty exhausted though by the time I got home.

3 comments: