Tuesday, February 23, 2010

32 Weeks

Today I am 8 months pregnant! It blows my mind how fast this pregnancy has progressed. I was looking over the last 12 weeks at pictures of my belly and am amazed how much it has grown! I cannot imagine getting bigger, but know I will over the next 8 weeks. One major change I have noticed is how out of breath I am these days. Sometimes just talking causes me to be short of breath. I am still having pain in my pelvis and hips, but have heard this is normal as the round ligaments are stretching to prepare for Evy's delivery. Evy should weigh between 4 and 4 1/2 pounds and is 16 inches long. Evy continues to mature her lungs. Her skeleton is completely formed and her fingernails and toenails are formed as well. I have gained another 1/2 inch around my belly, which has me measuring 42 1/2 inches around.
I haven't had many cravings during this pregnancy until now (other than the occasional Dove chocolate). About 2 to 3 times a week I have to have these...

Sonic Mozzarella Sticks

Fortunately I eat pretty healthy throughout the rest of the week so I don't feel guilty at all about fulfilling my cravings. I want to send a big thanks to my mom who came this past weekend and helped me get some things under control so I am not as overwhelmed. She cleaned and organized our garage, we cleaned the nursery and worked in Evy's closet to organize it. Mom also reorganized our kitchen and Evy now has her own cabinet. I feel so much better now and am ready to begin organizing and washing Evy's clothes. Thanks mom! We go to the doctor for our bi-monthly checkup tomorrow and next week we begin our childbirth classes at the hospital. Also, we have our first baby shower this weekend in Farmersville. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Steph, it was a pleasure helping you prepare your home for Evy. Once she gets here, you will come to understand that one of the greatest joys a mother can experience is helping her children and being a part of their lives. Mom

    ReplyDelete